Homemade mayonnaise is simple, quick and ridiculously easy to make.
Paleo Mayonnaise & Horseradish Mayonnaise
Author: Apples to Zoodles
Serves: ¾ cup
- All ingredients at room temperature:
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Annie's Organic Dijon
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ¾ (not extra virgin) olive oil
- fresh pepper, optional
- For Horseradish Mayonnaise: 2-3 tbsp fresh grated horseradish
- Place egg yolk, salt, dijon, lemon juice, and vinegar in the bottom of an immersion blender cup. See Video above for the rest or read below...
- Add the oil.
- Place the head of the immersion blender in the cup so it hits the bottom and blend on high until mayo forms. About 15 seconds. Slowly (while still on) remove the immersion blender from the cup.
- For horseradish mayonnaise: add the horseradish, put the immersion blender back in and pulse a few times to combine.
- Season with fresh pepper (optional) and more salt, if needed.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to two weeks.