These little gems are too good to be true. Completely guilt-free with a hint of sweetness.
35 Calorie Carrot Cake Cookies
Author: Apples to Zoodles
Serves: Makes 8 Cookies
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg and ¼ cup egg whites
- 2 tsp ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbl coconut flour
- ¾ cup peeled and shredded carrots (about 1-2 large)
- optional add ins: chocolate chips, raisins, dates, ample syrup, shredded coconut...
- pictured above with Banana Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place a greased piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. I grease it with coconut oil.
- Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork.
- Add the egg, ghee, and vanilla and mix well with an electric hand mixer or whisk.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the carrots and mix (gently) with a spatula.
- Place 8 spoonfuls of batter on to the parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- The cookies have a soft texture. If you would like them crispy just put them under the broiler for a few minutes at the end. WATCH CLOSELY - they burn easily under the broiler.
Also check out my 35 Calorie Banana Cookies.
Serving size: 1 Cookie Calories: 35