The perfect side dish for anything. This basically tastes like whatever you season it with and truly has a texture like rice! This is a staple in my fridge as I eat it with everything.
Author: Apples to Zoodles
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or a generous sprinkling of garlic powder/granules
- 2-3 tbsp ghee or coconut oil - amount needed varies depending on the size of the cauliflower
- a generous sprinkling of onion powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- any dried or fresh herbs, optional, I like basil, thyme, sage, rosemary, oregano...
- Remove the stems from the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until you get a rice texture. It normally takes me 2-3 batches - don't try to fit it all in at once.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté the garlic in ghee (or coconut oil) for one minute.
- Add the cauliflower, onion powder, and salt. Cover and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft, but not yet browning.