Mini Marbled Strawberry Cheesecakes (Raw, Vegan, Paleo)
Author: Apples to Zoodles
Serves: Makes 9 Mini Cakes
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- 3 tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2.5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- about 8-10 ripe strawberries
- 1 tsp beet root powder, optional, this gives it the vibrant color
- Place the almonds and dates in a food processor and blend until well mixed, but a little chunky. You will need to scrape down the sides.
- Place spoonfuls of the mix into a greased mini cheesecake pan and pat down until the top is smooth and even. Fill each one about halfway.
- Blend all ingredients for the filling (except strawberries and beet root powder) in a food processor until perfectly smooth. Scrape down the sides every minute or so. Taste and add more sweetener as needed.
- Pour a little over half of the filling into a bowl. Set aside.
- Add the strawberries and beet root powder (optional) to the rest of the filling and blend until perfectly smooth. Taste and add more strawberries as needed.
- Place 1 spoonful of each mixture on to a crust. Swirl the tip of a knife through the filling to get the marbled effect.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and let thaw for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Let thaw until soft enough to eat - about 10-20 minutes. You can keep the uneaten ones in the freezer - they freeze great and last for quite a while!