These tortillas are life changing! Okay, maybe not life changing, but they drastically improved my happiness as a paleo pescatarian and have become a staple in my fridge.
These tortillas are very flexible.
- 2 eggs + ¼ cup egg whites (or 3 eggs)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup arrowroot four or tapioca flour
- 1 heaping tbsp almond flour or coconut flour
- a pinch of sea salt, optional
- a sprinkle of garlic powder, optional
- a sprinkle of onion powder, optional
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Heat a 10" fry pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes. I use a nonstick fry pan and find that it does not need to be greased.
- Turn the heat down to low and pour 3-4 tbsp of batter into the pan. Spread it around so it covers the pan.
- Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. The edges of the tortilla will pull away from the pan and it should be extremely easy to flip. If the edges are not pulling away from the pan then the pan is not hot enough.
- To store: Let them cool completely and place in a sealed container in the fridge. They last about 5-7 days.