My favorite of all the vegetable fries. These are addictive and beyond healthy.
Author: Apples to Zoodles
- about 4 medium parsnips, peeled
- a sprinkling of sea salt
- a drizzle of coconut oil
- a generous sprinkling of garlic powder or garlic granules
- a generous sprinkling of cayenne, optional
- a generous sprinkling of ground cumin, optional
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cut the parsnips. The thinner you can cut the fries the crispier they will get.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set a metal cooling rack on top of the parchment paper. This makes it so you do not have to flip the fries while they are in the oven. If you do not have a metal cooling rack just place the fries directly on the parchment paper and flip once or twice while they are cooking.
- Place the fries in a single layer on the rack. I gather them all in my hand and then lay horizontally. If you just pour them on some will fall through.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Keep checking on them while they cook - every oven is different and the amount of time it takes depends a lot on how thin you cut them.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Letting them cool for a few minutes gets them crispier.