This is my very favorite side dish! I could probably eat this with every meal and not become tired of it. This is a staple in my fridge – I make a double batch every week.
This is sure to be a crowd pleaser with any group!
My favorite way to eat this is with scrambled eggs on top!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1½ tbsp ghee (for vegan use coconut oil)
- sea salt, to taste
- a generous sprinkling of ground sage
- a generous sprinkling of garlic powder
- a sprinkling of onion powder
- Peel and shred the sweet potato. I use the shredding attachment on my food processor.
- Add all ingredients to a large pan.
- Sauté for about 8 minutes, over medium heat, covered, until the sweet potato is soft and just starting to brown. Remove the cover and mix every few minutes so it cooks evenly and does not burn on the bottom.
- Taste and add more seasoning as necessary. Amount of seasoning needed varies depending on the size of the sweet potato.