Sesame Crusted Ahi with Ginger Garlic Sauce
Author: Apples to Zoodles
- 1 lb sushi grade ahi tuna
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds
- sliced avocado, optional
- arugula, optional
- Ginger Garlic Sauce:
- ½ tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- Season the tuna with salt and pepper.
- Mix the sesame seeds together and pour onto a plate.
- Coat the tuna in sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Heat a greased pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes. I spray mine with Avocado Oil in my Misto Sprayer.
- Place the tuna on the (hot) pan and cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat. Slice and serve. I serve it over a bed of arugula with sliced avocado.
- For the sauce: Place all ingredients in a small pan and cook over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, or until heated through and simmering.
Pictured above with grilled asparagus. I make the Ahi using a large grill pan and use half for the asparagus and half for fish.