This is probably my favorite recipe on the site! I was making it long before I was paleo and eat it on pretty much everything – eggs, fish, veggies, zoodles, cauliflower pizza…I never seem to get sick of it.
- 1 10oz jar of artichoke hearts, not soaked in oil, drained
- basil (about 2 cups packed, or more to taste) - Instead of, or in addition to, the basil you can try kale, arugula, asparagus, or dandelion root.
- 1-3 cloves of garlic, optional
- ¼ to ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 14 days.