Mini Raw Vegan Paleo Coconut Lime Cheesecakes
Author: Apples to Zoodles
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- zest of 2 limes, optional
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2½ tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 limes, sliced for garnish, optional
- unsweetened shredded coconut, for garnish, optional
- Place the almonds and dates in a food processor and blend until well mixed, but a little chunky. You will need to scrape down the sides.
- Place spoonfuls of the mix into a greased mini cheesecake pan and pat down until the top is smooth and even. Fill each one about halfway.
- Blend all ingredients for the filling in a food processor until perfectly smooth. Scrape down the sides every minute or so. Taste and add more sweetener as needed.
- Place spoonfuls of the mix on top of the crust.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and let thaw for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Let thaw until soft enough to eat - about 10 more minutes. You can keep the uneaten ones in the freezer - they freeze great and last for quite a while!